Welcome; these are our ‘house rules’ for our social media presence (including our websites) that comprise our online community.
We love hearing your thoughts and comments; our social media channels are not monologues – they’re conversations between everyone who’s part of our online social community. Feel free to get involved and participate by posting comments and photos; it’s a great place to hang out – and we’d like to keep it that way. To that end, we do have some house rules – so that we’re all on the same page.
Keep it clean
- We may use automatic spam and profanity filters. If your language isn’t clean, it may not we may not see it; if we flag your post in error, give us some time to check it out before we can make it visible.
- Don’t post content that includes malicious software or other material that could interfere with the data or functionality of any computer hardware or software.
- We can’t guarantee the accuracy of everyone’s posts, so don’t take advice if you aren’t comfortable – you are responsible for deciding what to do with information posted here.
- You participate at your own risk, so please be careful not to publicly share your personal information or the personal information of others. In particular, please do not breach any relevant privacy laws or principles.
- Please do not post any content containing personal attacks, hateful language, threats of violence, obscenity, explicit material or defamatory remarks. If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.
- Personal attacks (on authors, moderators, other users, or any individual) are uncool and must be avoided. Likewise, trolling, bullying, and other forms of abuse won’t be tolerated and are strictly forbidden.
Follow the law
- Discussions about illegal activity, violations of copyright, stalking, and other criminal activities are not permitted.
- We all digress now and then, but try to remain on topic. Please refrain from comments that are off-topic or overtly promotional, as they take away from the purpose of the community.
- Posting the same content more than once in a discussion could also be considered spam, whether from one person or multiple people.
- Links are acceptable as long as they are relevant to the conversation.
Help us help you
- Avoid posting multiple comments on the same issue in different threads. We can best help you when we both stick to the same comment thread, and we reserve the right to delete comments or move comments that would be better placed in an already established thread.
- Although social media is not an official support channel, we're more than happy to guide you in the right direction. Just be sure to post your comment on our wall rather than on a separate post or thread, this helps us to see your post and respond quickly.
We practice comment-moderation and reserve the right to delete any user-submitted data or block/ban any users at our sole discretion. We recognise that moderation can be subjective, so we will make every effort to keep our guidelines clear.
It’s a pleasure for us to interact with you, but we are only human, so please be polite to us too. We ask that you be respectful and courteous with us and others engaging in the community.